Date Posted: 1/13/2014
Location: Des Moines, IA
Type of Employment: Full Time
Seneca Companies is a diverse group of entities committed to providing unequaled customer attention through a range of related services including: Petroleum Construction, Service & Distribution of Equipment; General Contracting & Aviation Fueling; Hydro-blasting, Industrial Cleaning & Emergency Response Services; Environmental Consulting & Compliance Services; Remediation & Process Systems; Industrial Fluid Power & Handling Solutions as well as Vehicle Equipment Sales & Service. With a corporate office in Des Moines, IA we have roughly 350 employees in nine different branch offices.
We have a current need for a Dispatcher to work out of our corporate office in Des Moines, IA. The Dispatcher will be responsible for assisting customers with service needs and assigning technicians to job calls.
• Provide proper coverage of the service phone lines during normal working hours. Receive service requests from internal and external customers.
• Schedules Service Technician’s workloads by utilizing GPS and prioritizing calls and also dispatch’s the calls out in a timely manner. Schedules truck maintenance when needed.
• Writes work orders based on capturing all information from the customers. Communicate any necessary information with customers and technicians. Customers must be informed of schedules, changes in schedules, parts and equipment needs.
• Verifies customer credit status (i.e. warranty, COD, Credit Hold).
• Follow up with customers as needed
• Notifies the Answering Service of changes in names and numbers of Service Techs, and tells them who is on call.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 1 - 3 years of prior experience with dispatching or customer service.
• High school education, including course work in computers.
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
• Organization skills and problem solving.
• Must be able to work on multiple tasks and make quick decisions.
Seneca offers competitive wages; excellent benefits including health and dental insurance, 401K, tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, vacation, sick and personal days are included. Post-offer physical and drug screening required. E.O.E.
Attn: Liz Cumpton
Or apply online
1. Apply Online
2. Pick up an application in person at a Seneca Companies location
3. Print an application and return it to Human Resources
• Disclosure Form
• Background Check
• Self Identification
4140 East 14th Street
Des Moines, IA 50313