We remove and close storage tanks of all shapes and sizes.
Seneca Companies has removed and disposed of thousands of underground and aboveground storage tanks (USTs and ASTs) and associated fuel system components such as lines, dispensers and tank gauging equipment.
We have also abandoned-in-place numerous USTs, when authorized or required by site restrictions. We are keenly aware of all necessary safety procedures and the soil and groundwater sampling requirements at UST sites. We strive to keep our clients in compliance with State requirements. Seneca coordinates all aspects of UST removal including:
- Permitting and notifications.
- Asbestos sampling of canopy or c-store.
- Dispenser and ancillary tank equipment removal.
- Degassing, confined space entry and cleaning.
- Soil and groundwater sampling.
- UST disposal.
- Over-excavation, backfilling and compaction testing.
- Surface restoration.
- Report preparation and recommendations.
UST Closures Done Right
Seneca has licensed removers and consultants qualified to perform UST closures. We maintain a fleet of equipment meant for handling, transporting and disposing of petroleum and hazardous wastes. Seneca-employed personnel utilize the following equipment on a daily basis:
- Liquid vacuum pumper trucks.
- Nitrogen or carbon dioxide gas for UST inerting.
- Air-powered nibblers for cutting tanks and on-board pressure washers.
We’ve Got the Right Tools for the Job
Seneca has participated in storage tank removals involving everything from single 300-gallon petroleum tanks to large UST “farms,” with tanks exceeding 20,000 gallons in capacity and aggregate storage exceeding 100,000 gallons. We have closed all types of petroleum product UST systems including, but not limited to: waste oil, hydraulic oil, jet fuel, aviation gas, diesel fuel, heating oil, bunker fuel, kerosene and gasoline. Contact us for your next storage tank removal.