Seneca is committed to the safety and well-being of our employees and all those we interact with.
Nothing matters more than the safety and wellbeing of our people. Seneca is committed to ensuring a safe and healthy workplace whether in the office, on the road or on any jobsite we are present on. Over the past few years, we have made significant efforts in improving our overall safety results and have created programs, training and education to assist us in our safety journey that requires dedication, commitment and continuous focus.
“The personal safety and health of each employee of Seneca Companies Inc. is of primary importance. Prevention of occupationally induced injuries and illnesses is of such consequence that it will be given precedence over operating productivity, whenever necessary. To the greatest degree possible, management will provide all mechanical and physical activities required for personal safety and health, in keeping with the highest standards.”
Actions Taken to Improve Safety Performance and Culture:
- Hired a dedicated safety coordinator.
- Hired a safety consulting company to conduct mock safety audit of work sites and internal processes/controls.
- Partnered with a safety communications company to facilitate all safety communications, including toolbox talks and COVID-19 related concerns.
- Increased regularity of site safety visits and audits.
- Created an annual safety calendar to be recreated each fiscal year.
- Organized a safety committee.
- Identified solutions to minimize the impact of soft tissue claims.
- Developed a fall protection planning program.